Before your visit
CHOOSE YOUR DAY
We are now offering schools exclusive access to our centre on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with our brand new 'schools only' option. See either our self-guided tours page for more details!
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is open from 9:30am to 5:30pm.
Review our Teacher Planning Guide
If using a worksheet, please print copies for your students prior to your visit.
WHAT TO BRING
Students participating in programs with worksheets need to bring along a pen, clipboard and a copy of the worksheet.
When booking, have a couple of dates and times in mind in case we are already booked up on your desired day.
Let our Bookings Officer know as much as possible about the group, including numbers and if there are any special needs students.
Aim to book your excursion as early as possible to ensure that you get your desired date and time.
Download your copy of the Risk Assessment here
On the Day
ARRIVAL AND ENTRY
Self Guided groups: The leading teacher needs to report to the Customer Service Desk at the admissions desk to confirm numbers. Staff there will provide guidance for how the students should enter the building.
We do not have storage available for Self Guided groups. Students need to carry their bags with them throughout the day.
All groups will have access to toilets when they are inside our attraction.
All self guided school groups will exit the building via the gift shop. If students are shopping please limit the group to a maximum of 10 students at a time, fully supervised.
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne is located at Chadstone Shopping Centre. You can find more information here
A 15 minute drop off and pick up zones are available around Chadstone Shopping Centre.
Buses waiting for school groups must then move elsewhere and return to pick up.
Arrival: Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early prior to your booked time. Please also account for any traffic you may encounter during your journey as we are not able to extend excursion finishing times.
Departure: Allow an extra 10 minutes for students to exit the building before boarding the bus home.
COVID 19: Information for Guests: If you or your group are planning on visiting from an area that has been directly affected by the coronavirus AND if you or members of your group are showing symptoms similar to those associated with the virus (for example: fever, cough, breathlessness), we please politely ask that you do not visit and instead immediately contact your local health authority or doctor for further advice and instruction. For more information please contact the Australian Government COVID-19 Triage Hotline on 1800 020 080. We kindly ask all guests to observe good hygiene practices during their visit.
- Arrival: Ensure your group arrives 30 minutes prior if you have booked a Classroom Workshop booked. If you have booked School Group General Admission only, check in is 10 minutes prior to your selected time. Check in at admissions upon arrival.
- Pre/post entry: Groups are not permitted to enter the attraction before or after the scheduled visit due to safety and logistical reasons. No re-entry will be issued once you have left the attraction.
- Eating arrangements: We do not have space within the building for groups to eat inside. We encourage groups to eat in nearby parklands before/after your program.
- Toilets: The toilets are located at the back of the attraction. There is limited access – please escort smaller groups of around 5 as required, DO NOT take full schools/groups to the facilities at once.
- Minimum class numbers: A minimum of 10 students is required for a self-guided visit. A minimum of 15 students is required for a visit with an included Classroom Workshop. If you plan to attend with less, the group will be charged for the minimum number of required students.
- Specialist schools: The 10 minimum ratio does not apply to these groups; however please ensure you notify us if you are a specialist school upon booking.
- Parking: Coach Drop off and parking area: Drop off is outside Capital Kitchen (next to David Jones). Coaches will then be required to park at the bus depot outside Tower 1. Groups will walk to the attraction from Capital Kitchen, past GAP (right hand side), continue straight to the car park and take the lift to level 4.
- Public Transport: Oakleigh Station is the quickest option, with buses departing every few minutes on weekdays and at least every 10 minutes on weekends. The 903 bus will take you direct to Chadstone. Alternatively you can take routes: 742, 800, 802, 804 or 862 (towards Chadstone); or 900 (towards Caulfield).
- What To Bring: All guests require closed toe shoes to ride the Merlin’s Apprentice and socks to participate in our soft play.