Go back to blog
Celebrate International Wheelchair Day with Free Entry
- Friday 17th February 2023
To celebrate International Wheelchair Day on March 1st, Merlin Entertainments is offering free entry across all of their Australian and New Zealand attractions to mobility device users and their carers.
With free entry from Wednesday 1st of March to Sunday 5th of March, wheelchair/mobility device users and their carers can enjoy a day at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne!
“Over recent years we have been working hard to make all of Merlin Entertainments’ attractions as accessible as possible as we believe everyone, including people with diverse needs, should be able to enjoy magical moments. Some of the ways we strive to achieve this is by ensuring our staff have the right training, by continuing to look at how we provide the most accessible environments and making information available to guests ahead of their visit to help with planning,” said Ian Wood, Regional Director of Merlin Entertainments Australia and New Zealand.
Ian continued, “To recognise International Wheelchair Day we are delighted to offer free entry to mobility device users and their carers to the ten wonderful attractions we have around Australia and New Zealand”.
International Wheelchair Day takes place on March 1st annually and is an important day for wheelchair users to celebrate the positive impact a wheelchair has on their lives. It is also a chance to celebrate the great work of the many millions of people who provide wheelchairs or support and care for wheelchair users, all of whom make the world a better and more accessible place for people with mobility issues.
To claim free entry between 1st of March and 5th of March guests simply need to enter the code “IntWheelchairDay23” in the ‘promotional code’ section when checking out of purchasing tickets online.
Find all our accessibility information HERE.
Terms and Conditions:
- Adults (18+) must be accompanied by a child when visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne
- Make sure you visit LEGOLAND Discovery Centre on the date selected on your tickets. Latecomers might not be allowed entry.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the attraction
- Children aged 2 and under are free
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions or discounts
- Upon entry all guests aged 18 and over must be fully vaccination and present a proof of vaccination unless an exemption applies learn more
- This offer is available to mobility device users and their carers only. We may ask for companion card and carers card upon entry.
You can find more information on International Wheelchair Day here
Join us at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium as International Wheelchair Day is being celebrated between 1st of March and 4th of March.