BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS LEGOLAND® DISCOVERY CENTRE MELBOURNE
MAKING YOUR BOOKING:
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However, if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
1.1 One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction. Tickets are only valid for the date and time slot mentioned on the ticket. No changes can be made to date and or time slot. Please note that your group might be split over two time slots; once in the attraction you will be reunited with your group.
1.2 All persons entering the Attraction must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket on request may result in removal from the Attraction
1.3 Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates ("Group Tickets"). Please see the Groups section of the Attraction website for details. There must be a ratio of at least 1 adult to every 5 children in a group booking.
1.4 The following age regulations apply to our tickets:
1.4.1 In our attraction all adults pay children prices; therefore there is no age differentiation in admission tickets
1.4.2 Visitors age 60 and above are classed as senior (please be prepared to show a valid Victorian seniors ID)
1.4.3 Visitors who hold a valid student card are classed as students (please be prepared to show a valid student ID)
1.4.4 Visitors holding government issued concession/pension cards are classed as concession (please be prepared to show a valid concession card and ID)
1.4.5 Children aged 2 years and under are free of charge
1.5 Disabled rates are available to eligible parties, at 15% off normal admission price Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each person with a disability.
1.5.1 Free Companion tickets will be issued at the attraction only and no online booking is required. Please be prepared to show a valid Carers Card
1.6 The price of Tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed
1.7 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and Tickets that Merlin reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
1.8 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the Attraction. Subject to availability and at Merlin's discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the Attraction
1.9 From time to time, Merlin may issue Tickets under special promotions ("Promotional Tickets") but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion
1.10 Individual cost for the Melbourne Big Ticket is $45 per person when bought online from SEALIFEMelbourne.com.au at least 24 hours in advance. The price on the day whether purchased onsite from admissions, or online, is $50 per person. Attraction tickets are valid for 90 days from first attraction visit. The Melbourne Big Ticket includes single entry to SEA LIFE Melbourne, and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne.
1.11 Melbourne Big Ticket key chain promotion: Recipients of the Melbourne Big Ticket keychain promotion must bring in their Melbourne Big Ticket Key Chain leaflet into SEA LIFE Melbourne or LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne. A free LEGO key chain will be awarded with the purchase of a full price Melbourne Big Ticket, at the first attraction visited within the validity dates as stated on the printed voucher. Particular key chain designs cannot be guaranteed. While stocks last.
2. PRE-BOOKED TICKETS
2.1 Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website should be produced by the Visitor on arrival for inspection and will be scanned to check validity. Tickets can be printed or presented on a mobile device.
2.2 Annual passes provide 12 months entry to the attraction within standard operating hours. However, during the 12 month validity of the pass, there are certain circumstances whereby annual passholders may be denied entry to the attraction. This is not limited to, but may include if the attraction's capacity has been reached and more guests cannot be permitted entry at a certain time due to safety reasons.
2.3 All Annual Passholders are required to book online to guarantee their entry into the attraction at any given time. This must be done via our website. If a time-slot is full, Annual Passholders will be required to book into the next available date and time-slot to guarantee entry. Pre-booking online will be charged a monetary fee.
2.4 All Annual Passholders are required to book online to be permitted entry into the attraction on weekends, public holidays, and during Victorian school holidays. This must be done via our website and will incur a monetary fee.
2.5 Annual Passholders may be required to queue to redeem their Annual Pass card/s after the initial booking has been made online, or through an alternate channel. We cannot guarantee that annual passes will always be able to be redeemed. Management has the ability to deny processing a guest an annual pass card after a booking has been made, at their discretion. This may be due to a reason such as broken machinery.
2.6 Additional charges may apply for Annual Passholders to special events such as Adult Nights for example, and for transaction fees through our online booking system to guarantee or be permitted entry.
2.7 LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Annual Pass holders may upgrade to a Merlin Annual Pass for a fee at the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre admissions desk within the 12 month validity of their pass, if the pass has more than 6 months validity remaining on the pass. The upgraded Merlin Annual Pass will hold the same expiry date as the original LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Annual Pass.
2.8 Pre-booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer
3. TIME SPECIFIC TICKETS
3.1 Time Specific Tickets entitle the Visitor to access within the timeslot specified when booking (e.g. after 5pm) if applicable
3.2 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed entry and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
3.3 Pre-booked time-specific tickets purchased from our website and Annual Pass holders with a redeemed and valid Annual Pass card for LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne should join the dedicated queue line and may enter the attraction after the ticket or annual pass card has been scanned, without redeeming another ticket.
3.4 Walk Up visitors have to purchase a time-specific ticket. If your preferred timeslot is fully booked, we can book you into later timeslots and you will be able to return to the attraction and enter with minimal wait. To avoid disappointment book online to secure a timeslot.
3.5 Tickets purchased via a third party, will need to be exchanged at our admission desk for a time-specific ticket. It might be that the next available timeslot is fully booked. In that case we will book you into another timeslot and you are welcome to return to the attraction during your allocated timeslot and enter with minimal wait.
3.4 Once purchased, timeslots cannot be changed.
3.5 All tickets, including Annual Passholder pre-book tickets, permit the ticket holder entry into LEGOLAND Discovery Centre for a certain period of time. This period of time on weekends, public holidays, and during school holidays shall not exceed three hours from the time of entry as stated on the ticket. Once this time period is up, guests will be prompted to exit the attraction. A grace period will be applied to reflect any wait times at admissions.
4. BIRTHDAY PARTIES
4.1 Birthday Parties can be booked online or via our call centre. All bookings must be made 14 days in advance and payment has to be made upfront and paid in full before the birthday party is considered confirmed.
4.2 On the day no changes can be made to group size, food specifications or timings of the party
4.3 The Birthday Child enters for free as well as 1 adult for every 5 paying children is free of charge
5. SCHOOL GROUPS
5.1 School visits and Classroom Workshops can be booked online or via our call centre. All bookings must be made 14 days in advance and payment has to be made upfront and paid in full on the day of visit or within 7 days of the school visit.
5.2 On the day no changes can be made to group size, workshop content or timings
5.3 1 teacher is free of charge for every 5 paying children
5.4 Extra chaperones can be added to the booking on the day of the visit at the admissions desk for an additional fee.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest’s bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
7. YOUR CONTRACT:
A binding contract between you and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract incorporates the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre standard terms and conditions.
8. THE COST OF YOUR TICKET(S):
We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and includes GST at the end of your transaction before submitting payment.
9. CHANGES BY YOU:
Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
10. CANCELLATION BY YOU:
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made by emailing Melbourne@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCentre.com.au. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation number or email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
11. CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US:
Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
12. FORCE MAJEURE:
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 14 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
13. GOVERNING LAW
This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by laws of Victoria, Australia.
14. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
'force majeure' as defined in clause 12.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our leaflet or website and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally, we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 17 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
15. COMPLAINTS AND PROBLEMS
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must contact our Guest Services Team at the attraction you have visited via our online contact form within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
16. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons are normally in good health and able to fulfill the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
17. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS
Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 14(3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
18. SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavor to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
19. CALL MONITORING AND RECORDING
As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
Please make sure you have directions to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne, basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
22. BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices.
23. LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTRE TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with a member of staff at the door which queue to join.)
Safety Measures: In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of persons visiting our Attractions.
Visitor Requirements: The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk: The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site.
By using this Site you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site. The Site is owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group. Merlin Entertainments Group maintain the Site for your personal entertainment and information. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from Merlin Entertainments Group.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. Merlin Entertainments Group do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Merlin Entertainments Group. Images are either the property of, or used with permission by, Merlin Entertainments Group. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Merlin Entertainments Group use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, Merlin Entertainments Group make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. Merlin Entertainments Group assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
- Furthermore, your use of and browsing in this Site is at your risk. Neither Merlin Entertainments Group nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some the jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Merlin Entertainments Group also assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- For all payments made via this website, Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne Pty Ltd will be the responsible contractual party. This responsibility includes: refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, we will offer the first line of support and will refund the Buyer if deemed appropriate.
INCLUDED SOFTWARE AND LICENSES
The following Open Source Software is distributed and is provided under other licenses and/or has source available from other locations.
MIT licensed software:
Apache licensed software:
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE ASK FOR?
When you have searched for prices and availability and are ready to confirm your booking, we will ask for your name, your postal address and your e-mail address. We'll also need your credit/debit card details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry date) in order to take payment and confirm the booking on-line. If you're paying by debit card we may also need to take the start date and issue number of the card. We'll also ask you for your telephone number in case we need to contact you urgently regarding your booking.
HOW DOES THE LEGOLAND® DISCOVERY CENTER USE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We need your 'name' so we can confirm to the car park operator who the booking is for. We need your 'credit card' details so that we can collect payment for your booking. We need your 'name' and 'address' to confirm that the credit card belongs to you. We also need your 'address' in case we have to write to you about any part of your booking in advance of your stay. We might use your 'telephone number' or 'e-mail address' in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking. We may also use this information to let you know about any special offers/promotions we think would be of interest to you. We may also use your IP (Internet Protocol) address to diagnose problems with our server and administer the site - monitoring visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the The LEGOLAND Discovery Center site further.
HOW DOES THE LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
All the information you give us when booking is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom left of your browser to show that you can safely send credit card details through our site. Another indicator is that our secure pages will not display a 'security alert' message. We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Yes, The LEGOLAND Discovery Center uses 'temporary cookies', which are only used during the booking process. (A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information (ref. Cookie Central).
WILL THE LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER DISCLOSE ANY OF THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
The LEGOLAND Discovery Center will only disclose your name and booking details to our suppliers (see above) for operational purposes. We will not pass on your details to other companies for their marketing purposes. We won't disclose credit/debit card numbers unless we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
WILL THE LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER USE THE INFORMATION I GIVE FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
Yes, but we ask you for your permission and we'll only send you details of products the Merlin Entertainments Group offer.