Community Support Policy
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne exists to give children and their families a first-hand experience of the LEGO® values – creativity, fun, development, play and learning! We extend these values to our community and may contribute tickets to not-for-profit organisations.
In line with our commitment to children, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne will contribute:
- Tickets to non-profit organizations who support children facing challenges of serious illness, disability or adversity for the purposes of fundraising.
- Free entry and special support to children facing challenges of serious illness, disability, or adversity, when the request is made on behalf of a non-profit organizations (see below).
- Free entry to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne’s “Fun Festival”, an annual special event at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre designed especially for children facing challenges of serious illness, disability or adversity.
- Free entry to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne’s “Low Sensory Morning”, an annual special event at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre designed especially for children with autism, featuring reduced sound and light, quiet spaces, reduced capacity and specially trained staff.
- For children who are too unwell for a day out, we bring the LEGO fun to non-profit organisations and healthcare facilities/hospitals.
- Bespoke requests via the Make a Wish Foundation.
The request must be made by an organisation that is:
- An NFP / charity organisations registered with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission (ACNC);
- Operate within Greater Melbourne
- Support the vision, values, reputation and objectives consistent with those of LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne.
Based on our donation criteria, we do not donate to:
- Incentive programs
- Religious or political purposes
- School or college programs
- Sports teams
- Social groups
Please note that eligibility does not guarantee your donation request will be fulfilled. Due to the overwhelming number of inquiries we are unable to respond to and fulfil every request.
There are many worthy children’s organisations that deserve support, but unfortunately it is not possible for us to support all of them.
- If allocation of tickets is exhausted, organisations can re-apply in following months
- Organisations will only be able to receive one donation per year
- Email addresses will be added to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre database
Merlin’s Magic Wand
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne is a part of Merlin’s Magic Wand, a charity that helps put the magic back into the lives of disadvantaged children!
It’s very easy to apply via the link below for a magical day out, care of Merlin’s Magic Wand.