Go back to top
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong Launch Hong Kong’s First Creative Crew Competition
- Tuesday 18th May 2021
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong
[May 18, 2021, HONG KONG] LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong announced it is launching Hong Kong’s inaugural Creative Crew Competition to identify 11 LEGO® fans, aged between 5 to 12, as its ambassadors. The young finalists will help the Master Model Builder team in Hong Kong with various fun and educational activities throughout the year. Young applicants with a zest for creativity can join the competition online with adult consent at https://bit.ly/3eLmIcL. The submission of entry will be held from May 18 to June 15, 2021. 20 selected finalists will move on to the final round at a live Grand Finale event on June 24, 2021.
The Creative Crew is a global campaign organised by LEGOLAND® Discovery Centres worldwide to engage young, aspiring LEGO® fans through creative learning and play. It will be the first time the competition will be run in Hong Kong.
“Since our opening at K11 MUSEA in March 2021, we have received such positive feedback – from parents and kids alike - on the fun and educational experiences they’ve enjoyed at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong,” said Ben Sweet, New Openings Director – Asia Pacific, Merlin Entertainments. “We trust the launch of the Creative Crew Competition will provide the perfect platform for young children to build their creative confidence, overcome obstacles with the guidance of our Model Master Builder, and most importantly, make life-long friendships with those who share a love for LEGO.”
To apply, applicants need to submit their ideas for new and exciting creations for the LEGO-themed play areas at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong as drawings with accompanying short descriptions. 20 shortlisted contestants will be invited to join the Grand Finale at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong on June 24, 2021, where they will bring to life their ideas in timed rounds in front of VIP judges. Prizes include two complimentary annual passes to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong, behind-the-scenes access to special events, and exclusive opportunities to build and learn LEGO-TASTIC skills from the Master Model Builder himself.
“Now is the opportunity for little LEGO® lovers to join our Creative Crew,” said Master Model Builder King Leung. “We can’t wait to see what brilliant ideas our little builders have to offer, and together build an even more awesome community at the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong!”
How to apply:
- Download and print the drawing sheet from LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong website (https://bit.ly/3eLmIcL).
- Select from the theme options on the drawing sheet and draw a LEGO-TASTIC creation that the applicant would like to add to the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong.
- Accompany the drawing with a 50-word paragraph describing the creative idea.
- Upload a scan or a photo of the completed drawing sheet to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Hong Kong website (https://bit.ly/3eLmIcL) along with contact details to complete the submission.
- Submit the application only once. Only the first submission will be used if multiple submissions from a single applicant are found.
- Judges will score all submissions on Creativity (40%), Theme (30%) and Design and Skills (30%).
- The 20 shortlisted finalists for the Grand Finale on June 24, 2021, will be notified via email.
Applications for the first Creative Crew Competition will open between May 18 to June 15 12:00nn, 2021. For full details, terms and conditions, and to apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3eLmIcL.