Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd reserve the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons and that no refunds can be given in these circumstances. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Merlin Entertainments Ltd reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation.
1. Making your booking
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. For all payments made via this website, Merlin Attractions Operations Limited will be the responsible contractual party.This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s)
We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you
Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through the call centre. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
7. Changes and cancellation by us
Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our leaflet or website and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
Claims Notification Enquiries
The UK Employers Liability Insurance Policy and the Global Public Liability Insurance Policy are both held with Chubb European Group Limited under Policy Number UKCANC33447.
Claims are administered by Sedgwick and should be submitted via the claims portal. The portal ID is D00029.
If you do not have access to the claims portal, claims should be submitted to Merlin@uk.sedgwick.com
10. Complaints and problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must contact our Guest Services Team at the attraction you have visited on contactus@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCentre.co.uk or call us on 0844 8448181, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
Calls to this number cost 13p per minute plus your providers access charge.
11. Your Responsibilities
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special Requests and Medical Problems
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording
As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
Please make sure you have directions to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre. Basic directions are available on our Plan Your Visit Page. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk.
17. LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Ticket Terms and Conditions
Priority entrance tickets give you priority over the general admission queue. There may be a wait at the entrance during busy times, but priority entrance has priority over the main queue and you will gain entry much more quickly during busy times. For priority entrance ticket holders, please join the queue at the priority entrance door and present the booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with a member of staff at the door which queue to join.). Adults MUST be accompanied by a child (up to 17 years old) to visit the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre.
18. Combi-Ticket Terms and Conditions
When purchasing a Combi-Ticket, the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre element of the ticket is for a specific date and time slot. SEA LIFE Birmingham is not booked for specific dates or time slots. You may visit this attraction up to 90 days after your visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre (inclusive of day of visit). Combi tickets cannot be purchased without a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre visit. Adults must be accompanied by children in LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of persons visiting our Attractions.
A full list of safety measures being taken at our Attraction is available on the website.
The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and well-being of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk
The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.
UK Government Track and Trace
Merlin is in the leisure and entertainment industry, and therefore is required by the UK Government to collect the name of the lead member of the group and the number of people in the group, a contact phone number for the lead member of each group of visitors and the date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time. This information will be shared with contract tracing schemes in order to support NHS Test and Trace and will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This sharing is based on legitimate interests of the visitors to our Attractions and the employees and staff at the Attractions, to ensure that we can protect the health and safety of individuals and support the public health efforts to tackle COVID-19.LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site.
By using this Site you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site. The Site is owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group. Merlin Entertainments Group maintain the Site for your personal entertainment and information. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from Merlin Entertainments Group.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. Merlin Entertainments Group do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Merlin Entertainments Group. Images are either the property of, or used with permission by, Merlin Entertainments Group. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Merlin Entertainments Group use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, Merlin Entertainments Group make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. Merlin Entertainments Group assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
- Furthermore, your use of and browsing in this Site is at your risk. Neither Merlin Entertainments Group nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some the jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Merlin Entertainments Group also assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
Terms & CONDITIONS SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITE COMPETITIONS
All LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham competitions on the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre official website and social media accounts requires that you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of use. The winner must be in accordance with the regulations of LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham.
- The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except: a) Any employees of the Merlin Entertainments Group or members of their immediate families; b) Any employees or representatives of any agencies, suppliers or third parties associated with any attractions in the Merlin Entertainments Group; or c) If you are not over 18 and win please ensure your parent or guardian get in touch with us to claim the prize.
- The prize for the competition is subject to availability and depends on the type of competition. More details about the prize will be communicated with every competition separately.
- Reasonable efforts by LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted via the details provided, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random. We will ask for an address to send the LEGO® surprise to or ask the winner to collect the prize from the attraction. If an Annual Pass will be part of the prize the pass is issued upon entry to the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham and will be valid for 12 months from date of issue.
- All entrants and the winners must be 18 or older or have signed authorisation form from a parent or guardian who must be in attendance for the trip to the attraction. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Adults MUST be accompanied by a child (up to 17 years old) to visit the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham. Children under the age of 3 are entitled to visit the attraction for free. Children (17 and under) must be accompanied by adults.
- The prize is only valid at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham and is not valid at LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort or LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester.
- The prize can only be used as stipulated, is not transferable to another individual and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. The sale of the prize for profit is prohibited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or ticket. If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than the guests stated as the prize( if winning an Annual Pass), the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guest, and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. This prize cannot be taken in conjunction with any other promotion.
- The prize is valid for 3 months from date of notification, and must be redeemed within that period.
- Any purported or attempted transfer or sale of or other misuse of the prize will render it automatically void.
- The winner(s) will be chosen at random.
- The winners and their companions are responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel arrangements within the UK, accommodation, facilities at the attraction, spending money, telephone calls, personal items, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental costs, all alcoholic drinks, meals or refreshments, or taxes or expenses which may be incurred by the winners in claiming the prize.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. The attraction reserves the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including overcapacity.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham will not use the winner’s details for marketing purposes unless they have opted in to receive such information.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre may contact the competition winner post-visit for feedback purposes.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by the winner or as a result of accepting the prize.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and they will co-operate with any other reasonable request by LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham relating to any post-winning publicity including all social channels.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Merlin reserves the right to alter theses terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham Annual Pass Terms & Conditions
A LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham Annual Pass is valid during off peak & peak dates (which are highlighted on the website).
A LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham Annual Pass is valid on off peak days only (which are highlighted on the website)
(1) An Annual Pass will only be valid with it is used and/or presented by the named cardholder; it displays a photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder, and is within the validity period.
(2) Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the attractions. The management of the relevant attraction reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by each attraction’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the attraction reaching full capacity.
Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to any attraction during peak times.
(3) We offer a consistent number of pre-bookable entry slots for annual passes holders wishing to guarantee their entry for a given date and time, which are available to book here and are subject to availability.
Where no further such entry slots are available for your desired visit, or you prefer not to prebook, our admissions team will issue timed tickets on arrival to enter the centre at the earliest available time slot, subject to the attraction not being at full capacity for the day. On popular visit days such as weekends and school holidays, this entry time may be much later in the day. Booking in advance is highly recommended.
(4) Photocopies of a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham Annual Pass will not be accepted.
Passes for LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham, are only valid at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham, and no other annual passes from other attractions are valid at LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham.
(5) Any use or attempted use of an Annual Pass in breach of these terms and conditions or the relevant attraction’s regulations will result in the annual pass being revoked without compensation.
For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these terms and conditions and any attempted use of an Annual Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of reason, will result in access being refused and the Annual Pass being revoked without compensation to any person including the named holder.
(6) All passes are sold on a non refundable and non transferable basis.
(7) If you lose your LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Birmingham annual pass you will need to return to the issuing attraction to have a new pass printed at a fee of £10.00 per pass.
(8) If your pass is stolen you will need to report this to the police for a crime reference number and the issuing attraction for information regarding replacing your pass.
(9)Your Annual Pass does not entitle you to access any additional events outside of the regular opening hours, unless specified.